IVF treatment is often the last treatment a fertility specialist will offer when you’re struggling to get pregnant. It’s a complex, yet often successful procedure that helps couples get pregnant. Because of its cost, and complex physical needs, many couples have questions about it.
- What is IVF?
In-vitro fertilization is a process that combines hormones and surgical procedures. With the help of the medications, a woman produces more eggs than normal. During the procedure, the doctor extracts the eggs and fertilizes them in the lab with the partner (or donor’s) sperm. IVF Treatment step by step Procedure
IVF has many steps, starting with taking medications for a few weeks to help the eggs mature. Once the eggs are out, the doctor fertilizes them, placing one or two embryos back into the uterus, bypassing the typical process that the body goes through. If the embryo implants in the uterus lining, you become pregnant.
- What causes infertility?
There isn’t a single reason you may not be able to get pregnant. The issues could be due to the male or the female, and sometimes both. Because getting pregnant requires such a timely process that if even one thing goes wrong, it doesn’t work. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Ovulation issues – Some women don’t release eggs from their ovaries or the eggs aren’t a high enough quality to result in a pregnancy
- Uterine issues – If your uterus is oddly shaped, has fibroids or tumors, or the fallopian tubes are blocked, an embryo can’t make it to the uterus
- Early menopause – Some women experience menopause in their early 30s which stops the release of eggs from the ovaries
- Pelvic adhesions – If you suffered a pelvic infection or trauma in that area, you may have scar tissue that stops the transfer of the egg and embryo
- Low sperm count – If a man doesn’t release enough sperm, they may not reach the egg to create the embryo
- Low-quality sperm – Sometimes the sperm isn’t strong enough to get to the eggs
- Exterior exposure – Smoking, drinking, exposure to toxins, steroids, and certain infections can cause issues with sperm count and quality
- How much does IVF cost?
One round of IVF can cost between $10,000 – $15,000 depending on the medications needed and procedures required. In some states, What is the full form of IVF- In- Vitro Fertilization insurance companies must cover IVF, so be sure to check with your insurance company to see if there is assistance available for you.
- How do you prepare for IVF?
How much does IVF Cost – Many people have this doubt. You want to give your body the best chance at accepting an embryo and to do this, you need to prepare your body and mind. The better shape you are in, and the more positive your mindset, the better your chances of a pregnancy.
Some of the best ways to prepare for IVF include:
- Stop drinking and smoking
- Talk to a nutritionist about getting the proper nutrients through food and supplements
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep (8 hours a day)
- Keep your stress to a minimum by using stress-reducing techniques, such as yoga and meditation
- Exercise regularly to keep physically fit (but don’t exercise too much)
- Can you travel after having IVF?
Every patient is different. Some patients can go about their normal lives right after IVF, including travel. Others need a little more help and rest and shouldn’t travel. Your IVF doctor can tell you where you fall on the spectrum.
- Will you gain weight during IVF?
No two patients are the same. Everyone reacts differently to the various medications. You may gain weight and you may not. If it’s a concern of yours, talk to your doctor about the side effects of the medications he suggests to determine which option is right for you.
- What can I not do during IVF?
While there aren’t any requirements regarding what you can and can’t have during IVF, it’s best to avoid artificial sweeteners, raw eggs, alcohol, smoking, excessive caffeine, and cheese. Talk to your doctor about any specifics he may recommend as well.
- Can a man drink alcohol during the IVF procedure?
Most doctors suggest that men stop drinking until they give their sperm for the procedure. Excessive drinking can affect the sperm count and quality which can decrease the chances of success.
Sumuka provides best treatment in Hyderabad- Test Tube Baby Centre – Best IVF Centre in Hyderabad.